I believe that excellence is learned. It is not a destination, but rather, a journey. It is simply, a way of being. I strive to be the best version of myself in my personal and professional lives through the practice of excellence.
My goal in my postings is to provide you with inspiration and to empower you in your own journey of excellence. It occurred to me, that I haven’t really introduced myself to you. So as we continue down this path together, here are 10 fun facts about me.
- I have PhD in the area of expertise is Sport & Exercise Psychology. I spent 8 years working as an academic within the Department of Kinesiology and Physical Education at the University of Lethbridge. I left academia because of family reasons but subsequently realized that academia wasn’t really wasn’t feeding my passion.
- When my ego gets out of control, my husband of 14 years likes to remind me that my PhD is in “gym”. That always makes me smile.
- I’ve been consulting with athletes and sport coaches for over 20 years. This is my passion! It is amazing to be working with people who strive for personal excellence day in and day out.
- I’ve lived all over Canada: Edmonton, Vancouver (home), Waterloo, Saskatoon, Toronto, and Lethbridge. Where I live now is the best fit for me. My personality doesn’t always match the Westcoast pacing (EXTREMELY clear “J”), but it is where I am most healthy.
- I have a 10 year old daughter who is amazing. I love being apart of her life. Watching her forge her way in this world is a privilege.
- For my daughter’s sake, I need to be a better sport parent!
- I’m the kind of person who can spend too much time on the details rather than spending my time on big picture ideas. I recognize that as a limiter for my time and energy, and subsequently on my pocketbook.
- Another personality quirk I have is perfectionism. It bites me in the ass more times than I would like to admit.
- I don’t suggest any ‘interventions’ to my clients that I wouldn’t be prepared to do myself.
- I have a passion for Zumba! It makes me smile and burns away my stress.
So this is me. I would love to hear more about you and your journey on the ‘exellence’ train.